Tuesday, October 28, 2008

To Get a Little Personal......

I read somewhere that because infants basically only eat, sleep and poop, parents become very obsessed with these functions. Thus, we find ourselves talking about poop way more than we imagined we would. Poor little P has had some issues lately in that department. The pediatrician suggested prune juice and since that hasn't worked, the next step was to try a glycerin suppository. Supposedly, once it's been administered, it works pretty quickly. So, I tried it tonight (we are still waiting for the results) and before I did, hubby and I were conversing. I told him the suppository would work quickly and we might have a blowout in little P's diaper to which hubby replied, "Can't you just put him on some newspaper? Why waste a good diaper if you know it's just going to get dirty in a few minutes?" My response? "He's not a puppy for heaven's sakes. We'll use a diaper!" So that's my only poop story for a good while, I promise.
On another note, we went and picked out a pumpkin the other day in anticipation for little P's first Halloween. He even got invited to an adult Halloween party this weekend. He's going with a cute little onesie that says, "this is my costume." Now I just need to come up with a good idea for my costume. I don't think taking a marker and writing "this is my costume" on a t-shirt will cut it. I'm just not cute enough to pull that off.

2 comments:

FunnyGal KAT said...

Yeah, I've noticed you and I talk about poop a lot more frequently than we used to (which was never). But I guess that's to be expected with a kiddo around.

And why am I not surprised at Papa G's idea to conserve diapers?!? Man, give that guy a chocolate martini and he comes up with all sorts of crazy notions!

sj said...

that's wow. i mean. wow. i seem to recall the poop stories flying around when e and k were just born, so i guess that's normal.

but i never want to read "glycerin suppository" ever again.